Area Sales Manager – Off PremiseApply Now
Job Location: USA-NC-Raleigh
Position Type: Full Time
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.,
Area Sales Manager – Off-premise
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in promoting and selling beer, wine and similar products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Selects, trains, and develops new and current sales members in all aspects of sales and account service.
- Manages team performance to meet or exceed sales volume and distribution targets.
- Oversees effectiveness of sales team by riding with and evaluating team members on a regular basis.
- Reviews assigned team performance and relays pertinent information by meeting with team members weekly.
- Participates in weekend coverage procedures.
- Maintains effective customer relationships by making market calls.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Monitors and ensures proper usage of POS materials.
- Ensures that proper product rotation takes place in each account.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Ensures increased sales by monitoring and evaluating sales quotas and incentives.
- Meets requirements of position on nights, weekends, and special events as needed.
- Reviews sales orders and records.
- Addresses customer complaints.
- Confers with management and sales personnel to formulate plans for meeting competition and improving sales.
- Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations regarding the sale and merchandising of products.
- Promotes company safety policies and programs.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Manages competing demands and adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Provides vision and displays passion and optimism to team members and peers.
- Adheres to company dress code and maintains business attire appropriate for position.
- Checks voicemail frequently and responds promptly.
- Maintains and processes mileage sheets in a timely manner.
- Performs general vehicle maintenance in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Directly supervises employees in area sales. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems. Ability to coach, mentor and gain compliance. Ability to achieve price parity, correct POS and fair share of displays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Other Qualifications:
- Valid North Carolina and good driving record
- ABC permit or eligibility
- WORKSTEPS certification
- Safety certifications within 30 days of hire
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Random substance screening required
- Must be available to be on-call on weekends on a rotating basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 pounds.