Sales Rep-Off PremiseApply Now
Job Location: USA-NC-Raleigh
Position Type: Full Time
Job Shift: Day
Summary Sells beer, wine and similar products to convenience and chain stores, on premise accounts in assigned area, and similar accounts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains effective relations with customers by serving as primary point of contact and building good rapport.
- Supplies account with product by personally calling on accounts in accordance with set schedule.
- Ensures accuracy of orders by maintaining up-to-date and correct route book.
- Maintains sales, distribution, space allocation, placements, displays, introduction of new items, and point of sale materials.
- Ensures that product has proper retail pricing.
- Ensures proper rotation of product to maintain freshness for the consumer; has 60% monetary responsiblity for outdated product.
- Obtains and uses current POS materials from designated POS area; this area will be kept in a neat and organized manner.
- Upholds law regarding ABC regulations.
- Holds primary responsibility for ensuring fresh product by proper rotation in accounts.
- Stays abreast of competitor trends and pricing.
- Maintains up-to-date training by attending meetings, seminars, and training sessions.
- Maintains company image by appropriate business attire and appearance.
- Informs management of new accounts in area based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Develops and maintains relationships with store-level decision makers.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Performs vehicle maintenance in accordance with company policies, such as keeping vehicle clean, checking fluid levels, tire pressure, etc.
- Ensures that In and Outs are kept current (no later than monthly).
- Maintains mileage sheets and ensures timely submission.
- Completes weekly and monthly recaps of displays and sales as necessary.
- Calls orders in by designated cut off time and verifies orders are correct.
- Actively participates in company incentive programs.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Records new customer data and other sales data for current customers for entry into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Keeps company current by performing other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Other Skills
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License with good driving record
- ABC permit or eligibility
- Ability to perform successfully as a part of a team
- Strong customer service orientation
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 pounds.