Being Green in Business ...
...IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
As we use up vital resources that cannot easily be replaced, companies must take the lead in being sustainable and doing whatever possible to protect and preserve the environment. We believe in being green. Look what we’ve done to take the lead in being sustainable and doing whatever possible to protect and preserve the environment at our operations.
Installed a unique 320 kW solar rooftop system, which allows us to:
- Collect and utilize solar power onsite
- Reduce our building’s lifetime commercial power grid consumption – up to 400 MWhrs of energy per year
- Offset roughly 30 percent of our energy needs – equivalent to 7,364 trees or 32,598 gallons of gasoline
Minimized water consumption by utilizing a smart storm water retention strategy, which includes:
- Bio-retention ponds
- Low water use plumbing fixtures
- Strategic landscaping of drought tolerant plants and shrubs
Sustainability is a part of our culture.
- Each employee has his or her own recycling bins – they have to walk to a trash can to throw something away, which encourages them to think about their own waste habits
- Our bar in the training facility is made of recycled glass
- We installed tinted windows and motion-sensing lights in all rooms to keep energy costs low
- We grow our own hops on-site and have built an in-house brewery to further educate our staff
Watch the construction of Our In-house Brewery.